I stumbled upon this particular query how to remove spilled water on carpet, so then I was pushed to put this write up together.
Dirt, spills are some of the common accidents that happen around at home either by kids or pets.
Even adults also spill water on carpets, no cause for alarm when this happens.
Stuff like this times happens although spills on a hard surface are easy to deal with compared to spills on a rough surface like carpets.
So now below are the recommended steps taken to remove spilled water on the carpet to avoid smells, discoloration, and molds.
How to Remove Spilled Water on Carpet Procedures
1. I think it is wise to first to remove all pieces of furniture, pieces of equipment from the affected area.
This is because furniture stains and paints can mix up to stir the affected area.
2. Place a dry rag on the wet area to soak up the spilled water. Apply slight pressure on the rag to absorb the water more and more.
If the water spilled is much, take the rag outside and press hard to remove the absorbed water and go back to perform the initial actions again.
3. A vacuum cleaner can also be sued to remove spilled water on carpet.
Turn the surface of the vacuum machine to the wet area and run it over and over the wet carpet.
Apply pressure by pressing the nozzle to absorb more water from the edge of the carpet, and then take outside to empty the water when the tank becomes full.
4. You can also make use of hair dryer, heater, fan to dry the affected area but be careful not to apply hot air to the area, this can be harmful to the carpet.
5. It is also recommended that you slightly lift the edge of the carpet to avoid the water from spreading more while pressing a dry rag beneath the affected area. Then use another rag to absorb the water on the interface.
I hope this helps, and do the above steps to remove spilled water on carpet successfully.
Don’t forget to share.